Who doesn't love a thin, crispy crust! Build your own pizza and bake it on the stove instead of in the oven to keep your kitchen cooler in the summer.
Enjoy this stovetop ready pizza with a thin, crispy crust. Everyone can choose their own toppings—and we've given you 4 ideas below, but the combinations are endless!
Pizza in photo: Italian: sausage, spinach, Provolone cheese.
- 1 pound ready-made pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Coarse cornmeal
- Ingredients needed to make the style of your choice (listed below)
Grilled Cheese Pizza: favorite cheese sauce, Fontina, Cheddar, bacon, and tomato
Farm Forward: yogurt, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, basil, Mozzarella, and Parmesan
Buffalo: hot sauce, chicken, roasted peppers, and grated cheese of choice
Italian: favorite red pizza sauce, sausage, spinach, Provolone cheese
- Divide dough evenly into thirds, shape into balls, cover with tea towel and let rest 45 minutes on floured surface.
- Flatten and stretch each ball to 8-inches round.
- Brush each side with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place in a heavy 8-inch skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Heat on medium until lightly browned; flip and cook 5 minutes more.
- Flip again and quickly add sauce and toppings.
- Cook on low 6-8 minutes longer to crisp the crust more and melt the cheese.