Lavender, mint, and strawberries add sophisticated flavor to this sweet egg dish that tastes like spring.
Cream Cheese and Jelly "Egg" Roll Video
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, optional
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh culinary lavender (or dry Herbs de Provence)
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly or preserves
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch omelet pan with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Pour in egg mixture once the butter is lightly browned. As the edges stiffen, lift with a spatula so the raw egg flows to the pan's bottom.
- Give pan a quick shake. When egg is almost cooked and but still jiggles a little bit, add the cheese, sugar, herbs, strawberries.
- Cook 1 minute longer or until top is still a little soft.
- Dollop with preserves and then roll up.
- Remove to plate. Garnish with herbs and a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.