A jelly roll pan and basic baking skills are all you need to create this professional looking cake that's perfect for any fall season get together.
Great Pumpkin Cake Roll Video
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup flour with 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup (½ stick) softened butter
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until they are pale yellow, beat in sugar. Stir in pumpkin and apple cider and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and spread evenly onto 15x10x1-inch baking pan with Teflon™ nonstick.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when lightly touched. Run rubber spatula along edges and gently invert cake onto tea towel coated with powdered sugar. Roll the cake up (with the towel) starting at a short end. Put on a wire rack to cool.
- Beat filling ingredients until they are smooth.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread filling to 1-inch of edges. and re-roll.
- Cover with foil and chill 2 hours.
- Combine the topping ingredients.
- Drizzle the top of the cake with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with the crush topping, and serve.