Skip to Main Content
Snackdown Power Bars
Servings: 10 bars
Snackdown Power Bars Video
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup each pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 8 dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 3 egg whites
- In a skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coatings, toast nuts and seeds over medium heat; pulse 6 times in processor; add to bowl with the oats, cacao, and coconut.
- In processor, chop dates and apricots; add to bowl.
- Whisk oil with honey and eggs; turn into dry mix; combine well; spread in an 8-inch pan with Teflon™ nonstick; press flat with spatula.
- Bake 300° for 40 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes; loosen edges with spatula and turn out of pan to wire rack 15 minutes; cool in fridge 1 hour.
- Cut bars 1x4 inches.
- Wrap for take-away or cover and refrigerate.