Our way to cook steak is fearless. The nonstick pan browns up and deglazes a tasty herbal pan sauce, searing the meat over medium heat—the healthier temperature for cooking anything. Finally, for the cleanup, the pan practically cleans itself!
- 2 boneless strip steaks (¾-1 pound each)
- Coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, each cut into 4 thin slices
- Fresh thyme branches
- ⅓ cup white or red wine
- 2 thin pats butter
- Remove steak from fridge; set out at room temp for 30 minutes.
- Pat steak dry with paper towel.
- Season steak both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Add garlic and sauté over medium until garlic browns lightly; remove from pan.
- Using tongs, place both steaks lengthwise fatty-edge strip down; then turn down flat in the pan when strip on each steak is browned.
- Add a few branches of thyme to steaks and in the pan.