Chestnuts, pecans, or walnuts add a sweet taste to the chicken. The mesh basket crisps both sides of the chicken without flipping, and cooking takes less time.
Nut-Crusted Chicken Tenders Video
- ½ cup finely chopped roasted chestnuts (fresh or canned)
- ¼ cup plain (standard or Panko) breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (191 °C).
- Combine the nuts with the breadcrumbs and rosemary in a shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the tenders lightly with the mustard; roll in the nut mix.
- Spray each chicken piece lightly with olive oil and place in Oven Crisper Basket with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Bake 20 minutes until tenders are golden and crispy.
- Transfer chicken to a serving plate.