Get the kids involved in the candy crushing process. Put candy canes or hard peppermints in a ziplock bag and pound with a mallet or rolling pin.
- ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons holiday spice blend:
cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 canister of refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (191 °C).
- Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Set aside.
- Cream together orange zest, vanilla, sugar, spices and cream cheese.
- Unroll dough onto lightly floured surface. Spread mix to ¼-inch of edges. Sprinkle with candy.
- Roll starting from the long side.
- Cut into1¼ -inch slices; place in 9-inch round cake pan with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Brush tops with butter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes; don’t brown.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over the top while rolls are still hot.
- Serve warm.