Make this buttery, flaky trout in the open air, on the trail, or in your backyard. Use the GSI Outdoors’ Bugaboo Base Camper large set, which includes pans perfect for cooking up few side dishes like corn or beans.
Pan-Seared Rainbow Trout Video
- 2 rainbow trout fillets
- Salt and fresh-cracked pepper to taste
- ½ stick butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme and leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Season trout with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a medium skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Add fish (skin-side down), lemon slices, and thyme.
- Spoon butter over the trout periodically while cooking the fish for 8 minutes or until fillets lightly brown on the edges; transfer to plates.
- Remove pan from heat and mix lemon juice with the butter and browned bits; stir in capers.
- Spoon sauce over fish and sprinkle with parsley.