Low carb/high-protein breakfast is make-ahead/freezer capable. Canned or frozen/thawed plain artichokes add a zippy flavor.
Rise Up Egg Cups
- Olive oil for moistening
- ½ cup seasoned panko crumbs
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup chopped artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry
- ¾ mix shredded Mozzarella & Provolone cheese
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C) .
- To moisten breadcrumbs, brush oil lightly (not canned oil spray) into a 12-cup muffin tin coated with Teflon™ nonstick.
- Evenly divide crumbs into bottom of each cup.
- Follow crumbs with the artichokes.
- Layer marinara sauce evenly over artichokes.
- Add tablespoon cheese mix into each cup.
- Whirl eggs with cream in a blender.
- Pour egg mix to the top of each cup.
- Evenly divide green onion over egg.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until set; golden color.
- Set on wire rack just to cool a few minutes for handling.
- Roll small soft spatula around cup edges; pop up and serve or store.