Seasonal veggies with the addition of salmon, make a hearty one-pot meal! Great served with crispy croutons or crusty bread.
Summer Minestrone with Salmon
- ½ pound (2 cups) unpeeled red potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 scallions white and green parts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large rib celery, chopped
- 2 cups diced small tomatoes
- ¾ cup each: diced zucchini and yellow squash
- ½ cup green beans, snapped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup mini pasta
- 5 cups seafood stock or veggie broth
- 12 ounces skin-off salmon, cut onto 1-inch chunks
- Fresh chopped thyme to taste
- Boil potatoes slightly under cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with Teflon™ nonstick coating, heat the oil.
- Sweat onions limp; do not brown.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add the celery, tomatoes and cook 4 minutes.
- Add the salmon, zucchini, squash, green beans, carrots, and pasta.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and cook until pasta is aldente, about 8 minutes.
- Return potatoes to pot; cook a few minutes until tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with fresh herbs of choice.