This "white chocolate" blends eggnog, milk, and a dash of peppermint spice for everything nice all winter long.
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1½ teaspoons peppermint extract or ⅓ cup chopped peppermint candy
- Whipped cream
- Fresh grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon or sprinkles
- Sprig of mint
- Candy canes
- Using the coarse side of a hand grater, grate the chocolate into shreds.
- In a spouted medium saucepan coated with Teflon™ nonstick, mix the milk and eggnog over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the peppermint and white chocolate.
- Cook on medium-low heat—stirring frequently to prevent burning—until mixture begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat, pour into mugs, and top with whipped cream, nutmeg or sprinkles and serve with a candy cane stirrer.