Keeping Pace with Innovation
As the demand for wireless technology continues to grow, the need for high-yield, high-performance cabling in electronics manufacturing grows with it.
Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins offer a wide range of physical attributes that make them a great choice for electronics' cabling needs.
- High/low temperature resistance
- Excellent flexibility
- Low dielectric constant and dissipation factor
- Low coefficient of friction
- Chemical inertness
- Excellent weather and stress-crack resistance
- Low flammability
- Low moisture absorption
Learn more about Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins for cabling. Compare specific characteristics and benefits from our family of fluoropolymer resins.
The Sky’s the Limit for Cabling Applications
Fluoropolymer resins improve processability and assembly in a number of applications that use cable, including:
- WiFi technologies: Routers, access points, public wireless LAN, and hot spots
- Electronic devices: Laptops, mobile phones, and tablets
- Automotive components: Satellite radio, monitors, advance driver assistance system (ADAS), and GPS
- Telecommunications: Networks and WiMax technology: 3/4G to 5G, tower antennas, customer equipment
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): Category cables designed to transmit power and data simultaneously for high performance applications supporting Gigabit speeds
- Connect cables/connector: Motherboards with LCDs in mobile phones, notebook PCs, and smart devices
- High speed/high frequency printed circuit board (PCB) and cable: High performance computing (HPC), servers in data centers, mobile devices, automotive
- Antenna: Devices equipped with wireless communication systems (including mobile phones, notebook, PCs, portable video game devices), satellite broadcasts, wireless LAN, GPS, and mobile phone base stations
- Critical application cables: Ultrasonic imaging equipment on medical appliances
Industries That Depend on Teflon™ Fluoropolymer Resins
Automotive Cabling Solutions
As newer technologies increase electrical demands within the automotive industry, Teflon™ fluoropolymers streamline cabling solutions that support higher electrical capacity.
Communications Cabling Solutions
High melting points, high autoignition temperatures, excellent dieletric properties and exceptional thermal degradation thresholds make Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins the go-to choice in the communications industry.
Oil and Gas Cabling Solutions
Deep well oil exploration and drilling operations require equipment that can withstand relentless extremes of temperature, pressure, corrosion, and abrasion, which are all made possible with Teflon™ fluoropolymers.