Innovating Architecture with Teflon™ ETFE Industrial Coating Systems
Considered one of the most durable fluoropolymer coatings, Teflon™ ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) industrial coatings are used widely across the chemical, power, energy production, and semiconductor industries.
These coatings have excellent chemical resistance because they are a nonporous film capable of operating continuously at 149 °C (300 °F). These multi-coat systems come in water-based liquid and powder form.
Features and Benefits
Characteristics of the water- and powder-based Teflon™ ETFE coatings include:
- High film-build capabilities
- Industry-leading chemical resistance
- Very good dielectric strength
- Interchangeable and compatible liquid and powder topcoats
- A wide range of FDA-compliant options for food application
- Improved efficiency when the powder primer is used in conjunction with a complete powder system
- Compatibility with aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel substrates
- In-use operating temperature of 149 °C (300 °F)
For specific coating info, see the table below. To learn more, contact us.