Cabling with Teflon™ Fluoropolymers Exceeds Expectations in Challenging Environments
Deep well exploration and drilling operations know that engineering designs must protect instrumentation from temperature, pressure, corrosion, and abrasion extremes.
Cables manufactured with Teflon™ fluoropolymer insulation can withstand the effects of downhole gas diffusion from gas-bearing formations.
These cables also provide high-performing:
- Electrical capacitance
- Corrosion resistance
- Temperature resistance
Demands on Deep Well Cables
Deep well cables must support attached instruments and carry uninterrupted electrical measuring signals to and from the instrumentation. These demands require that logging cables combine dependable mechanical operating capabilities with excellent electrical transmission properties.
Energy companies invest heavily in recording apparatus and mobile instruments, and Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins help protect those investments. Operators depend on logging cables to reliably carry measurements that include:
- A formation's electrical resistivity or conductivity
- Spontaneous electrical potential
- Radioactivity or reaction to radioactivity
- Sonic behavior
Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins provide:
- Outstanding electrical resistance at temperatures up to 288 °C (550 °F)
- Thinner walls in multiconductor cable designs, allowing more space and better crosstalk shielding between conductors
- Armor-protecting, oil-based corrosion inhibitors that do not deteriorate cable insulation
- Increased cable field life for up to 1,000 or more operations
A Teflon™ Fluoropolymer Resin for Any Need
Chemours offers a variety of Teflon™ fluoropolymer resins for logging cable insulation and jacketing material. Speak to our sales team to determine the appropriate resin for your specific needs. Contact us.