Pro tip: Use 1-inch cookie cutters for a fun kid activity that encourages them to eat their veggies! The recipe uses about 2 cups of cut vegetables; use scraps for another recipe (soups, stews or salads are best) or freeze for later use.
Chicken Noodle Soup with Vegetable Charms Video
- 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed
- 4 medium radishes
- 2 thick carrots, peeled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and core removed
- 4-5 cups chicken stock or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 ounces dry angel hair or other shaped pasta, cooked
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- Cut washed zucchini, radishes, and carrots lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. (Use only green outer skins of zucchini). Cut the pepper into 4 quarters.
- Press cutters into the vegetables to stamp out shapes.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to a boil in a large pot with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Reduce the heat and add the vegetables. Cook 2 minutes and season broth to taste with salt and pepper.
- Skim off the vegetables and set aside.
- Divide the chicken and pasta evenly among the bowls
- Ladle broth and scatter vegetable charms over top. Serve.