Using thinly sliced chicken tenders yields more surface for browning and a richer-tasting stew for this one-pot meal.
Pulled Chicken Stew Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken tenders (fillets)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ cups diced carrots
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked green peas
- 3½ tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoons each: rosemary, sage, thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound mini red potatoes, halved
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 4.5 quart Dutch oven coated with Teflon™ nonstick.
- Lightly brown chicken in batches (don’t crowd); remove from heat and set aside.
- Add vegetables and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add flour and herbs; stir well. Then add potatoes, broth, and browned chicken.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, lower heat, and cook 15 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf. Remove and shred chicken; return to the pot. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.