Use a dual egg poacher/skillet pan to steam eggs for a less watery, evenly-poached result. Make a tasty nest for the eggs from sautéd bacon and vegetables including spiraled sweet potato thins.
Steam-Poached Eggs Video
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- ¾ cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅔ cup finely diced yellow bell pepper
- 3 large handfuls sweet potato spirals
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs of choice
- 6 large eggs
- Cook bacon in Teflon™ coated nonstick skillet. Remove and chop bacon.
- Drain all but 2 teaspoons bacon fat and sauté onions, peppers, potatoes lightly with herbs; transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel; add water just below rivets; boil & turn the heat down to medium.
- Add poacher insert and butter cups lightly.
- Crack one egg into each cup; cover & steam 1 minute. Shake water off the cover and re-cover the pan.
- Steam an additional 4 minutes or until the egg whites start to become opaque. Cook longer for less runny yolks.
- Divide the onion, bacon, pepper, and sweet potato spirals among 3 plates and create a nest.
- Invert cups to drop 2 eggs on each nest. Serve immediately.