Spicy taco seasoning complements tangy Buffalo sauce. For party time, scoop with chips right from the warm skillet. Also great for dinner tucked into taco shells with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
Buffalo No-Bake Sausage Nachos
- 1 ¼ pounds crumbled Italian sweet sausage
- 2 tablespoons powdered taco seasoning (package or homemade)
- ¾ cup fresh pico de gallo or salsa of choice
- ¼ cup creamy Buffalo sauce of choice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- ½ cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- ½ - ¾ cup chopped roasted bell peppers
- 1 cup each: shredded Monterey Jack & Longhorn cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Tortilla Chips
- In a 12-inch skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating, sauté sausage over medium heat.
- When sausage is browned, drain excess fat; return pan to heat.
- Stir sausage with taco seasoning; cook a few minutes to absorb flavors.
- Add pico de gallo.
- Stir in Buffalo sauce.
- Mix in beans, corn, peppers.
- Low-boil mixture 6-8 minutes to warm through.
- Turn heat low.
- Sprinkle the cheeses overtop and let melt; remove from heat.
- To serve, place pan on hot pad.
- Sprinkle chives over the melted cheese.