Switch up toppings to turn these corn cakes from savory to sweet. Drizzle with cheese sauce and add a salad for a fast, healthy weeknight supper. Top with maple syrup to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Silver Dollar Corn Griddle Cakes Video
- ⅓ cup fine-ground cornmeal
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ cup finely chopped ham
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and then fold into mix. Add chives and let rest 10 minutes.
- To add a little color, brush butter lightly in each well of 3-inch molded pancake griddle with Teflon™ nonstick coating.
- Drop 2 tablespoons batter into each circle; sprinkle corn and ham over each.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear and the edges begin to look dry. Flip and cook other side for one minute.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve.