Save vanilla bean pods in a container with rum or vodka and keep in refrigerator for a few months for homemade pure vanilla extract.
Winter White Chocolate Pudding Video
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup each pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cacao powder (or cocoa)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 8 dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 300 °F (149 °C).
- Toast nuts and seeds over medium heat in a Teflon™ nonstick coating skillet.
- Remove from heat and pulse 6 times in a food processor.
- In a small bowl, add the nuts, seeds, oats, cacao, and coconut.
- Chop the dates and apricots in a food processor and add to the bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk oil, honey, and eggs together and add to the dry mix; combine well.
- Spread mixture into an 8-inch square pan with Teflon™ nonstick and press flat with spatula.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges with a spatula, turn out of pan onto a wire rack, and cool 15 more minutes. Cool in the refrigerator an additional hour before cutting into 1x4-inch bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.