Save vanilla bean pods in a container with rum or vodka and keep in refrigerator for a few months for homemade pure vanilla extract.
- ¾ cup chocolate processor-crushed cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch or other thickener
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 vanilla beans, scraped or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces crumbled white chocolate bar
- Raspberries, whipped cream, sprinkles
- Combine crumbs, brown sugar, butter.
- Divide in bottoms of small or medium serving cups.
- In a medium saucepan with Teflon™ nonstick coating, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt.
- Slowly whisk in milk to dissolve, before placing over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil then simmer, whisking and cooking 3 to 4 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla seeds and white chocolate; melt.
- Pour into prepared serving cups.
- Cool to room temp.
- Serve with whipped cream in a ring of raspberries and dotted with sprinkles.