Repurpose leftovers from Thanksgiving—or any other turkey meal—top with melted cheese and serve in a sweet, stuffed pepper for a scrumptious dinner that doesn't scream "leftovers."
Sweet Stuffed Pepper Turkey Melt Video
- 9 Medium Sweet Peppers
- 2 cups veggie sides
- 1 cup stuffing
- 1 cup cooked potatoes, mashed
- 4 cups leftover cooked turkey, diced (or substitute cooked chicken for a slightly different flavor)
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 cup shredded Fontina or other melting cheese
- Heat oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Slice tops off peppers and reserve; seed and core. Brush skins with olive oil to help brown and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients except cheese. The mixture should hold together and be a little moist.
- Stuff each pepper and top with cheese.
- Put on an 11-inch ovenproof grill pan coated with Teflon™ nonstick.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve, or broil an additional 3-4 minutes to brown cheese slightly, if desired.