Protecting Fabrics From Rain and Stains
Teflon™ textile finishes are a portfolio of products to meet the demanding repellent and stain performance levels and sustainability requirements of the brand customer and end consumer. Whether you need a durable water repellent for a frequently washed fabric or the ultimate stain finish with fabric exposed to abrasion, check out the offerings below. Consumers know and value the Teflon™ brand with 90% worldwide awareness of the Teflon™ brand, and 82% of consumers are willing to spend more for products with Teflon™ textile finishes.
Teflon™ fabric protector:
Teflon™ fabric protector is an industry leader in durable stain and soil protection for apparel, home textiles and a variety of other items made from textiles. Teflon™ fabric protector works on all fabric types by surrounding each fiber with an invisible molecular shield guarding against oil- and water-based stains, dust and dry soil. All of this, without impacting the look, touch, feel, color or breathability of the fabric.
Teflon™ fabric protector has the following high-performance attributes:
- The ultimate in stain protection protecting against water, oil and stains
- Technology that helps textiles look newer longer
- Forms a barrier around each fiber
- Based on Capstone™ CP repellent and stain release technology that performs at the highest standards and is bluesign® approved
- Helps consumers reduce their environmental impact. Fabrics treated with Teflon™ fabric protector can mean less washing, less water, lower wash and dry temperatures, less energy, less wear and tear, which can mean less impact on the planet.
Teflon EcoElite™ renewably sourced finish:
This is the first biobased finish to feature 60% biobased raw materials. It also repels water and water-based stains.
Teflon EcoElite™ finish has the following high-performance attributes:
- Up to three times more durable than other non-fluorinated repellents
- Contains 60% renewably sourced raw materials (ASTM D-6866-12)
- Maintains fabric breathability for maximum comfort
- Engineered for uninterrupted production process
- Compatible with common finishing auxiliaries, including resins and cross-linking agents
- Based on Zelan™ R3 that is bluesign® approved and a 60% USDA biobased product
Teflon™ down and feather protector
Teflon™ down and feather protector keeps down-filled products performing like new longer, reducing the need for replacement. It has the power to preserve the integrity of the feathers, while withstanding frequent use.
Brand Assurance and Licensing
When you choose Teflon™ textile finishes, you can rest assured that your products have met rigorous repellent and/or stain protection standards. Our alliance partner, Huntsman Textile Effects, sells all of these textile finishes and provides technical support to fabric mills/finishers and helps brands/retailers find the product that meets their customers' needs.
If you have specific questions, please contact:
Huntsman Textile Effects
The Teflon™ Textile Finishes Team