Hankering for the gooey, chocolaty yum of S’mores but there's no campfire in sight? Use your stovetop instead to make this updated twist on a camping classic. Add more goodies like peanut butter, fruit preserves, or toasted nuts.
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces milk or dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup or to taste salted caramel (optional)
- 16-20 large regular marshmallows, cut in half
- Chocolate sauce, optional
- Graham crackers
- Other optional add-ins: peanut butter, fruit preserves, toasted nuts
- Pour cream into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with Teflon™ nonstick coating over medium heat.
- When cream begins to steam (in about 40 seconds) add chocolate and stir until the mixture becomes glossy.
- Remove pan from the burner. Whisk in any add-ins.
- Drop marshmallows around the pan, cut sides down, until the surface is completely covered.
- Place rack 5 inches below broiler element; brown lightly and evenly on low for about 30 seconds. Watch carefully to avoid burning the tops of the marshmallows.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce and dig in with graham crackers.