Serve with grilled summer foods like wings, dogs, and steaks. This relish adds a little zing when served with a soft cheese and crackers.
Tomato Relish Video
- ¾ cup minced onion (Vidalia, yellow, red, or white)
- 6 cups fresh tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mix thyme/basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar glaze
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan with Teflon™ nonstick, heat the oil and sauté the tomatoes and onion over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in thyme and basil.
- Pour in vinegar, honey, and lemon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture until most of the liquid has evaporated and the texture is chunky—like a fruity jam—about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cool relish to room temperature.
- Serve or transfer to airtight container and store in fridge (up to a week) until ready to use.